Program extended for limited time only. New applications may only be submitted during the following time window (24hrs):
- Sunday, March 12 2023 between the hours of 11: 59p.m PST to Monday March 13, 2023 at 11: 59p.m PST
- Monday, March 13, 2023 between the hours of 2: 59a.m EST to Tuesday, March 14, 2023 at 2: 59 a.m. EST
Overview: In the legacy of civil rights icon Dr. Dorothy Irene Height, Meta’s Civil Rights Team is proud to partner with Dorothy I. Height Education Foundation (DIHEF) and the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) to award the Project Height Scholarship.
The goal of Meta’s Project Height Scholarship Fund is to provide financial support to undergraduate or graduate students with career interests at the intersection of technology and civil rights, building the next generation of industry leaders.
Award: Twenty-six scholarships of $10,000 each will be awarded.
For consideration, all application materials must be submitted via the application form within the limited timeframe as defined above. If you need accommodations in submitting your application, whether due to accessibility needs, access to internet, or any other needs that require support, please contact us directly at 202-833-8800 (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm EST) or at email@example.com by March 13, 2023 at 5pm EST for support.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program
- Personal Statement (max. 650 words) demonstrating (1) interest in the intersection of technology and civil rights, (2) commitment to community service through volunteer efforts, and, if applicable, (3) any hardships, financial or otherwise, you may have faced in pursuit of higher education (Please Note: Hardships are not a requirement for consideration of the scholarship, but will be strongly considered.)
- 1 Letter of recommendation (Please have your recommender describe examples of your leadership and/or commitment to community service.)
- Copy of academic transcript (official or unofficial)
- Commitment to participation in the Project Height Scholarship Programming if selected
Requirements: Scholarship Award Recipients must agree to participate in three out of five programmatic modules/leadership fireside chats in April 2023.
Please note: No nuclear family members of DIHEF and Meta are eligible for the scholarship. Persons employed by NCNW and nuclear family members of NCNW employees are ineligible to apply.
To submit an application, please click here: https://bit.ly/heightscholarapp
Click here for FAQs. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call 202-833-8800 (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm EST) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a limited time opportunity. All submissions MUST be made within the extension window as described above.
All applications will be confidential to the DIHEF & NCNW